CQI Program Management
Our continuous quality improvement management program is an education
based, turnkey program. We do it all for you. We spend a great deal of time coaching, mentoring and educating field providers to get the most from them. Our system is uniquely designed to identify real and potential issues before they become a major headache. Our scoring and rating system© enables us to get to the problem quickly at the first signs of trouble. We will work with your medical director to ensure that nothing goes unnoticed or unaddressed. The EMS QA/CQI management program includes:
- Auditing of 100% of your EMS patient care reports
- Development and implementation of your department QA/CQI plan
- Feedback to all staff members quarterly to review their data and the low level and documentation issues identified in the audit.
- Immediate feedback with providers for any medium or high level infraction
- Review of all medium and high level infractions with your service medical director for his/her analysis of the call
- Utilization of the G&A Performance Rating and Scoring System
- Interaction with OEMS or regional authorities for any QA/CQI related issues
- Classes for staff members (that include OEMS credits) when patient care quality issues are identified
- Individualized remediation programs
- Incentive program for excellence
Properly auditing EMS run reports is a time consuming and difficult task. It also is an essential first step in the quality improvement cycle. In order to determine how well an agency and its field personnel are performing it is necessary to conduct a detailed and thorough analysis of the patient care that has been provided.
Girard & Associates provides auditing services for EMS agencies, EMS medical directors, municipal managers, and others who are interested in obtaining an unbiased opinion of an EMS organizations patient care performance.
The Girard & Associates Performance Rating © is a numeric value that allows us to score each providers performance and to score the performance of your agency against other similar sized agencies. Not only can we tell you how well you are doing but we can tell you exactly what you need to do to improve. Your QA department can then go to work using accurate, timely data that can be measured and improved upon.
Using a third-party consultant to conduct your agency’s quality improvement